About India Food Banking Network
A food bank is a nonprofit distribution enterprise that serves the community through institutional feeding programs. This acquires donated food in the form of grains, pulses, oil, spices etc sourced on the basis of community food habits and makes these available through a network of community owned agencies. These institutional feeding programs include school feeding programs, shelter homes, Old age homes substance abuse clinics, after-school programs and cater to various needs.
- Set up IFBN in mission mode & Create Nationwide awareness
- Leverage and scale up existing effective programs; along with building new programs
- National level set up with District level Execution
- Facilitate regulatory changes to create supportive environment
- Capture surplus food & improved delivery systems, initiate a food mission