Terms and Conditions
The Food Security Foundation India takes your privacy seriously and treats all information about any transaction you have with the organization as highly confidential. The organization does not share e-mail addresses or phone numbers of any of our donors or 3rd party.
The Organization understands and values all contributions to sustain our mission of Food Security in India. To protect the privacy of our donors, we maintain the following policies:
- We may request personal information online, such as name, address, phone number, email address ONLY for the purposes of accepting donations.
- We will not release or use this information for any other purpose unless we have your consent.
- Donors may request, at any time, to not receive our solicitations.
- We do not trade or sell your personal information with other organisations.
- We do not track, collect or distribute personal information entered by those who visit our website.
- Donors may request to not receive certain mailings, such as our newsletter.
- Our hosting data server provides data protection meeting PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard), encrypted communication via SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology, intrusion detection for all devices and network nodes, state-of-the-art firewall infrastructure that detects malicious application attacks, virus protection, network load balancing devices via Citrix, and patch management, security and vulnerability monitoring and tracking, and SQL server attack protection via applications to detect SQL Injection and Cross Site Scripting Attacks.
Donation Refund Policy
Food Security Foundation India follows a refund policy to let the donors feel proud and associated with the cause of food security and food waste. We take the utmost care about processing donated funds as per the mandates signed by our donors. But in case of an unlikely event of an erroneous deduction or if the Donor wants to cancel/deduct the donation, The Food Security Foundation India will respond within 7 working days from the date of receiving the complaint from donor. The timely refund of the wrongly deduced amount will depend on type of card used during transaction. We would require a proof of deduction of the donation amount and a written communication for refund from the donor within two days after donation.
In such cases if the receipt already has been issued, then the Donor need to return the original receipt at our official address.
In the case of tax exemption certificate already issued, refund will not be possible.
We can be contacted for refund request through the contacts details mentioned on the website.
What information we collect
We use personal information collected from donors for the purposes of processing payments and communicating with donors about the Organization. This information may include name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, e-mail address, and any other personal information provided to us (“Donor Data”). For donations by check, Donor Data also includes the data visible on the check.
Information from Payment Processors and Other Service Providers: Payment processors allow donors to give electronically using a payment services account, a credit card, or other payment method. These processors collect certain information from donors, and you should consult their privacy policies to determine their practices.
How we use that information
Donor Data may be used for these kinds of purposes:
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Record keeping
- Reporting to applicable government agencies as required by law
- Surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations
We may use available information to supplement the Donor Data to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising efforts. We may allow donors the option to have their name publicly associated with their donation unless otherwise requested as part of the online donation process.
We use data gathered for payment processors and other service providers only for the purposes described in this policy.
Food Security Foundation India
D-2 Naveen Shahdara, North East Delhi,
Delhi – 110032, India
Ph: +91 88517 59609